2.01.2005

"Raindrops keep falling on my head..."

****Editor's Note: The following post was suppose to posted yeasterday on the first. Apparently I wasn't paying any attention to the buttons I needed to press because I pressed 'save' instead of 'post'...go figure...we'll just add it to the evry growing list of my foo foo moments.

It's getting to be that time of day for me when everything just becomes so topsy turvy. As my co-worker might be sayin', "GOOD LORD! It's Bunny Foo Foo!" And he would be quite right.
It feels like I have been up since the crack of dawn (I've only been up since 7AM, not really the crack of dawn!), though technically, this morning has not been any different from any other--even if you include the apocolyptic rains that have pouring down from the sky since I've been conscious. (Well, today at least.) I am located in the ever so De-love-ly city of New Orleans, so it's not exactly that unusual for the skies to rip open above us. It's just that, unfortunately for the city, having a history of once being a swamp only a couple of centuries ago, our city perfers to keep the water above it's lovely land instead of sucking it toward the center. Puddles and puddles galore out here. Or more precisely, a pond over there, a lake over there, "oh!, look!, the Grand Ole Mississippi is no longer the only grand river in New Orleans any more!!"

It's cold , it's more than just wet, I'm tired, and my classes haven't even started yet. Maybe I shouldn't have scheduled afternoon classes? Oh well; consider this yet another one of life's little lessons.


LESSON 24.2.1: Scheduling afternoon classes is not wise when you know that your mental crash time takes place in the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, but if you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning, that means no morning classes... and if you get hungry around ten, that means no classes between 11 and noon, and if your mental crash also comes in the afternoon, then what? Night Classes?

--C.K.