4.16.2005

A Daughter's Duty

So I was really looking forward to going out tonight. I had a wicked day, and not in the good sense, and I really wanted to forget it the best way possible. By going to the beach!

It was gonna be great! I got off of work at 5PM which means by the time I got to the beach of choice (somewhere along the Mississippi Gulf coast) it would've all dark and starry and all lovely. There was gonna be good company involved and burgers involved and french fries (mmm, I LOVE french fries) and hopefully ice-cream involved--ice-cream has been very meaningful to my life a lot at this moment! But along came the mother.

I got home to see her just about to walk the dog and I passed on the message that I wasn't gonna be around much longer adn she gave me the LOOK. You know the look. Apparently it's something you acquire after a child is born in which you will be able to communicate millions of thoughts and words to that child with-out saying one word. Awesome power involved.

Anyway, I got he look followed by sad eyes followed by "didn't you already go out this week?' followed by"but your dad's cooking stuffed salmon". CRAP! There goes my plans. It's either give the mom her one night or say screw it and run off to the beach.

I'll let you take an educated guess to which I chose and I'll leave you to ponder on the times you have personally chose your parents over what you wanted to really do.

No comments: