6.19.2005

The Stuff Dreams are Made of

Do you dream in color? I do. It’s not the usual bright and vivid or realistic type colors that we see in through our eyes during everyday life. It’s more dark and muted giving off the impression of a perpetual night. Though it’s not. It just seems that way. Is that normal? Is there a normal? Do you dream this way? Do you dream in an Alice-in-wonderland type of world? Or does your imagination stick to the classic black and white? What colors does your id portray to you?

I woke up this morning feeling slightly sad and apprehensive. I remembered my prior dream a lot better than I usually do (which is pretty much never!). There was an occurrence of love at first sight with me and this other man. I think I was at work with a busy (IOW crowded) day. He was there with another woman, which I think was his girlfriend. We slightly flirted, making eye contact, smiling at each other, etc., etc., etc.

Hours, minutes, or moments later (it’s always so hard to tell which in dreamland) I received an anonymous gift of flowers. Nothing fancy; it was practically a stem of beautiful exotic flowers. I wonder who it was from and my eyes went back to the guy I was flirting with. A slight smile came across his face, which, in this dream, confirmed that the anonymous sender was he. Now this is where the imagination kicks in.

Some disaster was approaching, god only knows (since I can’t remember!). In this rush, the man pulled me aside and we “hid” in the restroom and he spoke some words of love or caring or something along those lines that, once again, I can’t remember. We hugged like lovers being, um, torn apart, or, um, something like that. (Okay, I’m not good with romantic themed metaphors. Shoot me!) The panic ensued and the all was evacuated out, stampede style! People were carried away by the vanloads, and I was, of course, in the same van as my mysterious man and his girl. We approached our destination (which looked strangely like my childhood neighborhood) and were to, well; get the heck out of the vehicle. Now during this trip, the guy’s girl caught some vague happenings between her man and me. Tears were welting in my eyes and he kept looking back at me with concern. When we did get kicked out, she grabbed her guy by the arm, looked in his in his eyes, and announced that she was carrying his child. (IOW, “I’m not letting you leave me to raise this kid by myself, you bastard.” If any of ya’ll watch Gilmore Girls Gilmore Girls, it was sort of like that scene in which Christopher told Lorelei that his girlfriend was pregnant.) I was absolutely heartbroken and I could see that he was distressed by this news. WE looked at each other knowing that it was over before it begins. I ran off in sobs and cried, and etc., etc., etc. And that’s pretty much it.

When I did wake up, like I said, I felt slightly sad and apprehensive. It was feelings that stuck with me through the morning. More importantly, what the heck did it mean??!! The only thing I understood was the guy in my dream. It was (*prepare to laugh*) Christian Bale. But that’s because I ended up seeing three movies this week with him as the star. Actions like that will sink people/places/things into the subconscious. But I digress from the subject. What the heck did my dream mean?

So, you peeps out there got two things to answer for me: if ya' can. What color you dream in and, more importantly, what my dream meant?

All responses shall be rewarded with my undying gratitude.

2 comments:

Black Cat said...

i dream in color but not really vivid color. i dont know.. i guess i kind of take color for granted when im dreaming, u know? but i dont dream in black and white.

i have weird dreams too...and some are really vivid for some reason. mine was really pointless..something about a giant bird. maybe yours is just as not-serious. dont get too hyped. just enjoy the dream and remember it in case it comes in handy

nWesterhausen said...

i would say that your dream would mean something along these lines:

you will fall in love with someone that you know from his past actions
he will be interested in having a relationship but then be torn away by a past one