8.29.2005

Sooner or later

I'm writing from the safety of Lake Charles, Louisiana, anxiously awaiting some kind of news of my hometown, Marrero, only minutes outside of New Orleans.

So far, the only optimistic news us locales have been getting is that "it could've been worse."

The footages I have seen, are probably the saem you have seen. Many locales in New olrenas that I have come to know and love are either underwater or have crumbled due to the high winds, which we just aren't prepared for.

I'm scared of how bad my (and my friends'and family's) lifestyles will change. I work in the hospitality industry and just like many others, I'll be out of ork (IOW, no income) for an unknown anount of weeks. Weeks.

Once agian, if you pray, pray.
If you can donate to the Red Cross, pleas do so. (Not for me, but for those who are in a heck of a lot worse shape than those I know...there is so many.)

An d if you are also a native, or if you were affected by this storm, I hope you bade well...I hope I will.

XOXO
Best Wishes to All

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know what to say. You are all in the thoughts of people around the world if that is any comfort to you. I feel rather helpless. Donations don't take away the guilt of sitting at home and watching it all unfold on the TV. Keep posting.

Orchard P Dirk said...

I echo Dreamwalker's thoughts that she put so well, and Cameron's thoughts which he put so simply--I am glad you are safe too.
love, orchard