12.27.2005

Queen Angie, the Outspoken

After a morning of finding out that I was not needed at work, I then came to find out that I had nothing planned for the day. What to do...what to do...

I ended up calling CK up with a request of accompanying my bored azz to the movies, where we could see how good that Narnia movie is said to be. (I felt a little antsy; King Kong was not a barrel of monkeys...)

On my way to pick up CK I discovered that children are complete idiots when it comes to riding their bikes in high traveled traffic areas. This kid stopped his riding in the middle of the street not even two feet away from the sidewalk, so he could lick the ice-cream that was dripping down his fingers. His two friends rode around him, waiting for him to complete this important task, while they all saw me driving not even a block away, and made no attempt to move. Where the hell are the parents when their kids were riding and stopping in the middle of the streets even when a car was coming? Huh? WHERE?? Dare I say, I tried to scare the tweens by getting as close as possible as I could to them with my car, though I learned that didn't phase them one bit.

I continued my drive to CK's hut, picked him up, and we headed out the the theatre. That was after another run-in with the idiots. This time they were on the move, swerving back in forth in the street, looking back every once in awhile to spot the lucky person who would get to run them over. I related my initial run-in with them to CK, though was completely dumb struck when Kid Lick stopped, again, in the middle of the road, again, and licked his fingers, again. I gave a hearty "you've got to be shitting me" laugh and pulled up aside Kid Lick to instruct him on the laws of cycling. It's a shame I didn't speak his language, because from the look he gave me, he must've not spoken english.

Oh well, off to Narnia! (After a McNugget stop that is...mmm, McNugget...)

The movie turned out to be delightfully wonderful, with only one con: the moron who sat on my row. (No, not CK...sheesh.)

About 70 minutes into this movie, the moron pulled out her phone and could be heard loud and clearly saying, "Yea", "No", "Uh-huh", all followed by me going, "Excuse me...EXCUSE ME! SHHH!!(commence pointing finger to movie screen in a slight reminder to moron that there's a movie taking place.) I got the feeling that this one understood english by the way she quieted down, while sinking into her seat. I swear, nothing can pull you out of a period piece quicker than someone going, "Yea." I wish I had a cattle prod...

No comments: