4.16.2006

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

Today is a day that is celebrated the world over as Easter Sunday, which is one of the most important and holy days in the christian church. Chnaces are, no matter who you are, or where you are from, you have heard about the man who has inspired such a strong beleif, Jesus.

Do you believe him to be our Lord and savior? Do you beleive him to be the son of God? Do you beleive him to be a prophet? Do you beleive him to be simply a man? No matter what your answer or beleif is, one thing is 100% true: Jesus has changed our world. This is a man who's existance has inspired countless millions to worship him and serve him in their own fashion. Some have dies for him, some have killed for him, and others have shared whatever love they held in the name of him.

I was born and raised a catholic (a sector of the Christian church) though tyhrough my own personal beliefs, I have broke away from my upbringing. I have trouble beliveing that Jesus is "our Lord and Savior" but I will never deny that this man existed and that his life (be it either fact or fiction) has brought out the good in a lot of people. I try to hold true one lesson I learned in my religion classes, Jesus' "golden rule": "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you," Jesus said, "do ye even so to them…" (Matt. 7: 12).

However way you decide to celebrate Easter Sunday, just don't forget how it came into exiatance. Plus a word of advice: don't eat all your chocolates at once, save some for later!!

No comments: