5.08.2006

It's that time of year

I was spoiled.

Last year, in June, I went to New York City for a second in less than a 12 month period. I went with some friends of mine in July 2004, than went again in June 2005. (Take my advice folks; if you ever want to go to NYC, go in June. Damn, was the weather great!)

I want to go back. This craaving has hit me eaxh year around this time for 2 years now. That is why I say I was spoiled; my first craving was satisfied.

I loved it there. It was the first place i ever visited that felt like home. The plae is so vibrant. The people are amzing, being from all walks of life from all over the world. If you ride the subway, you would never see any type of segregation going down, well, at least not that I saw! The food is amazing and there is so many varities. (I had the best BBQ ever in Times Square. Don't beleive me? Ask Kahunah over at DOA. He'll back me up.) Tehre is so much to do, from restaurants to theatre to museums to festivals. I WANT TO GO BACK!!!

Of course, y'all are probably saying to yourselves than go, why don't ya, but I can't. LAck of funds and all that. All the previous trips I was able to stay at a friend's dad's place for free, but that wouldn't be the case any more.

In celebration of the place I would love to call home one day (well, just for a few months at least), I posted someof my best pics from each trip on Idiosyncratic Speckles, so go check it out.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Ya know, Jackson has festivals and museums. Well, we have the Miss'ippi State Fair and a few museums. Just come up here for a diversion. ;)