9.11.2006

Five Years Ago...

...I got stuck in L.A., and damn was it great.

The reason I got stuck wasn't even close to being a nonchalant excuse plus y'all know what happened five years ago today. Well, I was so suppose to return home that day after spending a fun filled week visiting Stacey and Drew, but was awoken at 7am with news of my flight cancelation. What a hell of a day it was.

Though good did come out of the bad. I believe everything happens for a reason. It could be the littlest thing or something major, but something will come out of it.

If I didn't get stuck that extra week and a half I never would have overpaid majorly for a matinee movie. (Twelve bucks??!! What the heck did they charge in the evening?!!) I never would have tried a talented bartender's recipe for a German Chocolate Cake Drink (my god was it amazing!) nor tried a Rusty Nail (aka lighter fluid). Plus I never would have got a chance to see a certain someone stumble out of that bar at 2 in the morning and puke before exiting the door. ( That was some FUNNY shit!) I also would have never been able to take my first train trip through the West. Up to that trip, I have never seen the desert (well, in person) and never would have seen the most amazing rainbow gracing the sky above Texas' rolling hills. And I wouldn't have been hit on by the train's current lounge lizard!!

As you see, great memories were formed after a horrible memory got placed in my mind. It's strange how such a blemish in America's history could personaly give me such great memories as those. That's fate for ya...

No comments: