12.08.2007

A NOLA Wish List

Give me a king cake smear
Give me a beignet kiss
Give me a French quarter morning that looks just like this

Give me the endymion krewe
Give me the times-picayune
Give me a drunk and lazy crawfish boil in muggy sticky June

Give me a six pack of Dixie
Give me some assorted Abita beers
Give me a city where it only snows once every 10 years

Give me a green neutral ground
Give me a mardi gras ball
Give me a medium rare burger at my grand old Port of Call

Give me a glittery drag show
Give me the streetcar line
Give me the House of the Rising Sun
Give me a Tchoupitoulas sign

Give me a shrimp and oyster poboy
Give me lovebug season in May
Give me my New Orleans-
I will definitely stay.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Applause!!! You wrote this? It's awesome.

angie. said...

Yea, yeaaa, I did *shifty eyes*.

lol, It would be pure eveil to take claim of this little gem. I received it via chain mail, and have not one darn clue who wrote it.

But thanks for the immediate consideration that I wrote this, but c'mooon Stacey, really. I think you know me better. ;)