2.26.2005

All better now: Part II

All better now...ain't that a load of crap.

I spent most of yesterday in the hospital, pretty much in an unconscious state of mind. All thanks to the wonderfull ailment "epilepsy". Had it since I was thirteen years old and it doen't look like it's going to be going anyway any freaking time soon.

What really sucks is that yesterday was suppose to be a joyous day. I had that 11AM meeting with a supervisor who offered me a position in a new department with a slight pay-raise. Instead, I luckily make it home just in time to lose track of time and overhear my mom speak to a friend how I had a seizure (which is one's body goes into convulsions), soon to be followed by numbers two and three. Right now, I'm tired, depressed and have a nasty bruise under my chin. And my tongue hurts--you see, during one's convulsions you accidently gnaw at your tongue.

I just got back my car only two weeks ago from being on a 6-month grace period from my last seizure, and now I have to go at agian. If I want to drive that is. I love driving. I always appreciated the freedom it brought me. Brought.

This was suppose to be a happy blog written yesterday about my new acquired job. Instead, I'm bringing my depressed thoughts and feeling to share with the world. I've never asked why me, when it came to this retrid illness, just why. Of all illnesses one could get, I get one that gives absolutely no warning. I Hate It.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my honey, I'm so sorry. I've been wanting to give you a big fat huge hug ever since Rob called me yesterday. I REALLY wish there were something I could do. I'd give you my brain if I could, I swear!

I love you bunches - I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Big squishy hugs.

Love, Stacey

Anonymous said...

Ditto from me, FooFoo.

--C.K.

angie. said...

Thanks a bunch guys, but I wouldn't want to trade this dysfunctional brain with anyone. It's not exactly fun waking up in a hospital with your love ones telling you that, once agian, you twitched on the floor like a fish outta water.
XOXOXO