5.31.2005

Out of Nowhere

I don’t know if the moon and stars are in the proper position or if my feminine feelings are in overdrive, but I got into remembering how my current job was predicted by a fortune teller at a company Christmas party.

A Christmas party!

It was last year; we had it at this wonderful restaurant in the French Quarter of New Orleans. The food was plenty, the liquor was flowing and the dice was rolling (yes, dice; we had gambling tables at our party; what did you expect, this is New Orleans; Laissez le bon temps roulez and all that!). I'm not sure whose idea it was, or who had the connections to these intriguingly delightful seers into what was yet to come (and sometimes past), but we had about a total of four palm readers and tarot card readers.

Of course I had to have my future read!!

I first grabbed a palm reader. No one was at her table, and I knew from past parties that everyone loved to join in on the fun. In other words, long lines to come! She told me stuff past palm readers said: so n so many* kids in your life, you are a blah blah* person with blah-blah* qualities, and so on and so on. [Editor’s note: Me got bad memory, so I kinda don’t remember the exact specifics.] It was fun. Enjoyable. Ticklish.

Later that evening I found the palm reader and got ready to wait in line!! (Like I said, later that evening; She was found, and a ten-minute wait ensued. Yay.) My turn finally came. Yay! I sat down, we exchanged quick pleasantries, and she proceeded to as me to pick a card. Than another card. Than another. And another. And than…another! She looked this and that and examined them. She hmmmed and hummed, and than, she spoke! I honestly can’t remember most of what she said, except for two things. First, she said that (this) year I would find love. I think. Or she said I’d marry. I’m not sure. I think it was find. Damn my bad memory. But who cares about that. : D

The other thing she said was referring to my future employment. She told me that sometime next year a job offer would be presented to me out of nowhere. That was it. Her advice was absolutely zippo. She said that she doesn’t want to give me any more info because it was my life, and I need to make my own decisions. Ok. I could deal with that. My life, my choice, but my life (and probably some choices I make) will lead to a job offer. Cool!!

Forward to the future. Now, only about three n\months ago that job offer came. Out of nowhere, like was predicted. You see, the company I work for bought out another company that went down he hole. They had plans to bring that company back to its glory days with them in control. One of the managers saw me in action, loved my skills, and wanted me for the newborn company. Next thing, I’ve got a new job (and new pay!!). Out of nowhere.

No comments: