5.29.2005

First Annual Take a Bath Day

On Monday, May 30, 2005, most Americans around the entire nation shall be observing Memorial Day. Though this year, I suggest another option: Take a Bath.

I just did, and it was marvelous! Not your usual, water in, body in, wash, rinse, out and drain type of bath, but the type in which time stood still.

In which the water was hot enough to boil lobsters in.

In which the amount of foam bath sop used could've cleaned an entire orphanage for an entire year.

In which loved ones were afriad I drowned because I was in the bath that long.

In which the Foo Fighters serenaded their ever so lovely tunes to me while I drifted off into oblivion (and yet avoided that dreaded drowning!!!).

It was a well deserved bath. My muscles no longer ache. The stress that was there is--dare I say!--gone! (Though maybe I shouldn't have had the temperature around boiling point--I almost couldn't get out the bath do do being overheated...oops!)

But every one join together--not literally now--and go take a bath! Skip the shower for just one evening/morning and relax your troubles away in about 2.5 feet of warm to hot water--depending on your preferences.

Celebrate the First Annual Take a Bath Day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a bath day, huh? Well, I'll give it a shot, but I may have trouble relaxing after reading about the FooFoo bath experience.(Insert lecherous comment here)

:)
-- C.K.

angie. said...

:P

Orchard P Dirk said...

Yes, yes, a bath is just quite nice and it is a perk of having a cold winter which I shall miss, and having bubbles is quite fun and a bath tea perhaps or oils or beads or even salts! But the sound of the water and keeping your hands under it as the tub fills is quite nice, as well, and I'm glad that your Memorial day was a bath! love, orch