8.14.2005

“Dreams are weird and stupid and they scare me.”

I normally don’t have nightmares, not even bad dreams. I never knew why and I’m not complaining. I had a few when I was young, but even then it wasn’t that bad (and they were very strange, like every child’s worse dream, a shower head in my room!)

Last night became one of the first I had in many years.

I woke up around 4AM feeling scared and apprehensive. Not exactly emotions that are fun to have.

It started off with me in a hair salon. My family was also there getting haircuts. My cousin Heather was in it—not exactly someone I ever got along with—and she wanted me to cut her hair, short, like mine was. I didn’t want her to look like me, so I suggested her to just cut a little off so she can work her way to having short hair, and she obliged.

The typical dream phase begun in which weird things appeared, like people that would be more comfortable in an S&M club, and a laundry mat appeared in the salon. Can’t you see how they both
complimented each other?

I went to wash some clothes. I noticed this mousey looking fellow staring at me with crazed look to his face. He asked me strange questions, which you could imagine didn’t exactly make me feel comfortable. I try to be nice to him, telling him I’m not interested in him, trying to keep him from going crazy. I than headed away from him as quickly as possible into an enclosed staircase that
headed to a second floor.

He followed me. Though he was no longer who he was, he was now
a crazed midget.

Yep, you heard me right, a midget.

I went through the second floor immediately asking for help from the first person I saw, which was that mousey guy. When he heard who was following me, he freaked and told me to run, following him
to his apartment.

The crazy midget was quickly following us. The mousey guy fumbled with his apartment keys, trying desperately to get inside the apartment before we were spotted. The door clicked and we practically fell through the door in a rush, and slammed it behind,

We were safe…thank god.

Or so we thought.

The midget was outside the door trying to charm his way inside, asking nicely for us to open the door. I guess it worked because mousey guy did, even though I pleaded with him not to be so damn stupid. I swear, some men…

The midget approached me, and offered me these severed fingers. They looked like they were children’s fingers. I pleasantly declined saying “sorry, I got to go”, trying not to let the fear that enveloped me appear in my voice.

Than I headed downstairs, so I could get the hell away from him.

Went I hit the salon, the S&M characters were gone, with insane patients taking their place. They seemed docile, even drugged, just roaming the salon. Though I would’ve so much would’ve of
taken the former.

I want to get away form this place so I head out of the salon, which was in a shopping mall. I parked my car on the other side of the mall, right outside the JCPenny’s that was located at the end.

Before leaving, someone gave me a cup of smothered potatoes, which I gladly took, since I was hungry. I walked toward my car, eating the potatoes and found severed fingers in them. (What the hell is up
with those fingers?!)

Once again, I was scared to show fear and stunned, so I simply ate around the potatoes and headed even faster toward my car.

When I finally reached Penny’s, I saw that the midget was close by, stalking me. I immediately searched and found a security guard, asking for his help. He went after the midget, and proceeded to bring him back to where ever he was meant to be.

I was almost out of the store, when the guard returned with something in his hand.

“He wanted you to have this”

“This’ was another severed finger. I took it, said thank you, but threw it away in a trashcan before leaving. (What the heck am I to do with a severed finger, anyway?)

I finally reached my car and pulled out my keys to open them. My key was no longer a key, but a thumb. Somehow this didn’t surprise me. I thought to myself that I forgot he switched my driver’s side key, and went around to the passenger side to enter the car. I was in and safe. Freaking finally.

I slid into the driver’s side and proceeded to drive off, feeling a sensation of peace over taking me. The strange horror was
now behind me.

The weather change from bright and sunny outside and dark clouds rolled in, and rain poured violently down. I needed to roll up my windows, but before hand, I caught a man standing in the road, waving hands for help. I tried to keep from hitting him, but it too late. I slammed into him and he rolled over my car.

He was Adrien Brody (sorry Brody!) Like I said, dreams are weird.

I forgot about the tragedy and went back into trying to roll down my windows, but every time I rolled down the window, it went back up. I looked toward the back where I had my backpack, and saw a small arm sticking out of it, with its hand on the window latch. Then slowly, the midget begins to appear form the bag.

I let out a blood-curtailing scream, and woke up.

Like I quoted, “dreams are weird and stupid and they scare me.’

Hope you enjoyed yet another glimpse in what appears to be
my f***** up mind!

No comments: