6.16.2006

Never Blame the Customer: Part II

Thank you to everyone who took part of Part I of this posting.

It was easy, wasn't it? Now comes the explanation, though first, another quiz:
What is the title of the following book?

If you're answer was "Einsteins's Theory of "why the sun is yellow"", I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. The answer I was looking for was "Bloom's Reveiws: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Maybe it was just me, but I never saw an inkling of this version on the page in which I was looking into. (For those of you who haven't put 2 and 2 together yet, the book was purchased by me.) I even went back to the site and checked through all available sources to confirm the book. Please, I welcome you to go back to the previous post and do the same through the link that was provided.

Needless to say, I was quite shocked to receive the book that you saw up above.

I did like any customer would do, I wrote to the seller about this, simply asking about a return/credit due to this. When I heard back from the seller, he pretty much said...oh heck, let me show ya:

As you may noticed we shipped you exactly what you have ordered.Perhaps youdid not researched this item prior ordering. But I don't think that returning this order will make any economical sense because this order was obtained from our distributor and anytime we return something to them they charge us up to 40% restocking, handling, and
other penalties.
Because we asked them for even larger than our normal discount of 30% of alist price (you purchased this book @ 39% discount from list price and we passed this entire discount to you ) Plus we got charged additional 1.00 PER BOOK BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT OF THE PACKAGE.
Not to mention that half.com charged you 3.49 per book but paid us only 2.20 but we paid our distributor 2.70 per book to ship your order.
I think you are better off just using this book as intended because we
did not know that this is not the book you wanted to order. Keep in mind we
are small company with 2 employee including myself and can't afford to
loose money on transactions which was resulted in customer error.
I hope you understand
Thank you for your understanding


My favorite part was when he blamed the mistake for my lack of "research". The icing on the cake is when he said it doesn't economically make sense for him to return the book, saying it's okay for me to lose money.

Again, I welcome you to check back on the page for any signs of the book he ended up sending me. Through my further research, the only thing that stated it was "Bloom's" would have been the ISBN number. Now maybe this is just me, but I don't think one would have to confirm a purchase through checking an ISBN number, especially when all signs point the other way.

I can't even verbalize how pissed off it makes me when someone in a business has horrible customer service. I've been in the customer service positions for over 7 years and not once did I blame a customer for a mistake, even if it was their fault.

Luckily, I had an epiphany, in which I realized that no matter what I say, this guy will be right. I may have used what power I had in giving him a negative reveiw on Half.com, but I honestly don't think he will give a shit. Like I give a damn that there's only 2 people running his "company"? Is that his lame ass excuse for screwing up? Yea, he sent me what I ordered, but he sold the book under false information. I didn't show y'all, but he begun his email with a link to HIS website with the product that was ordered. HEL-LOOOO!! I didn't order it from there, dipshit!

That's the whole kit and caboodle, thanks for listening, and letting me vent. I hope you found this entertaining, along with informative. Maybe this guy screwed up because he didn't double check where his books are being listed, but that's no excuse for horrible customer service. Please help me in boycotting this guy: bookswap

Again, I restate, I know that I was probably one of those rare mess-ups, but it doesn't give any excuse for blaming me.

DOWN WITH BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, hells no. You write that fool back, tell him that if he so badly needs that 2 bucks and change, he should practice better selling tactics, and that his mistake was not your fault, and that you will not pay for his mistake.

If he cites economic reasons for not sending you back your refund, call him a wwaaaaahhhmbulance and tell half.com that the guy ripped you off. What a tool.

Unknown said...

You should leave him a negative review, with as much detail as possible. Otherwise he has no incentive to accurately list his merchandise. Make him feel it in the wallet.

"THE" Rob Cerio said...

you also may wish to point out that half.com reemburses him generously for the shipping, so this whole "we'll lose money" thing is utter BS. I agree with drew, and your review should link to your blog entry.

isn't there any version of the novel in this book?

Brou HahHah said...

You shoulda put out a shout! I'd have been glad to let you borrow it!

Stacey said...

Rob's right, btw... Anytime I sold something on amazon, they reimbursed me for the shipping costs, up to a point. That guy's fulla doodoo.