10.10.2006

Bound to Ruin A Good Thing

This past weekene I playe double-duty at work; I was hostess and ticket seller/info for the tours that are offered. Sunday became the onse a year occasion when a guest proceeds to chew me out over things I could not change. This is how it went down:

Man come up to my cashier desk (which is in the restaurant), ask about buying tickets for our tour.

"I apologie sir, but our next tour will not be till tomorrow at 2 o'clock."

"Excuse me? I called up and was told there was going to be a cruise at 2:30?!"

Immediately i knew that he did call and was, once agian, given the wrong info by some fool. *sigh* Here it goes...

"I apologize sir, but it seems as though they passed on the wrong infomation to you. The line you called aoffers two tours and it sounds as though they didn't know you were calling about our tour."

Than the fun begun. He started to yell at me about how fed up he was with all this crap and how he couldn't beleive that he was given the wrong tour. He's been trying to do our tour adn has been given the run around and is tried about blah, blah, blah. I understood, but he didn't have to yell at me like it was my fault. So, I told him the last bit of info that usually calms people down a bit these days...usually.

"Sir, again I apologize. Due to the storm last year, things have been all topsy turvey."

"WHAT storm?!?" he, agian, yells at me. That make me skip a beat. I honestly didn't know how to answer this asshole on the rise.

So I gitted my teeth, pursed my lips together and put on the fake smile. "Katrina sir..."

"I can't beleive this shit!!" And he finally storms away from my desk adn moves into another room to hopefully grot and foam up at someone else. Lord, the things that come with this job.

I could here him in the other room, and also heard that he wasn't alone. I don't knkow what was going on in there, and homestly I didn't give a damn. I just wanted him to leave! Yet agian, *sigh*.

A lady walks in, who I found out was his daughter, who told me the asshole was her dad visiting from out of state, adn that she lived in Houma, which is a city just about an hour's drive outside the city. I would like to tell you that info releived me (for how can't she understand what's going on down here?) but she was pissed off too. Thankfully, not as bad as dear old pops.

"He yold me that y'all don't have a toru today?"

"Yes m'am. Like i told the gentleman (HA!!), our tours are on a shortened schedule with the next one being tomorrow at 2."

"He called. We called adn they told us 2:30. This is "1234 Mockingbird Lane", isn't it?"

God almighty, "yes m'am, but as I..."

"I got this brochure for your front office. It says in plain sight, tours at 10, 12, 2 and 4. This means y'all are advertising false information."

That, I couldn't disafragree with anymore. I complained about that, but nooo let's keep the wrong info out, what's the worst that could happen?

" I agree with you on that, m'am. I don't know why the insit on placing that out there."

Now, for our grand finale! The return of the ASSHOLE!!

He saunders in, with a face that is meaner than a raging bull, with foam coming out of his mouth and screams (again, I remind you, we're in a restaurant where people are eating) (and getting entertainment).

"I cab't beleive this crap! You listen here, I came out of town to do this and I'm getting sick and tired about getiing these damned Katrina excuses. It was over in a minute!!! nd your still using it as a lame ass excuse!!

Oh...my...god. This guy needs to go down. Of course, those of you who know me know I'm a master at keeping it cool under these type of situations. My mind was no problem, but Ib started to shake with anger. How the fuck dare this uy come to our city and act like all that happened was a little rain storm took place here? He's one of god knows how many that is a comlete idiaot in not understanding (or caring) that a number of businesses adn industries gone down becasue of Karina. Many places are under staffed, or have even gone bankrupted. I wor inthe tourism industry in which at least 1/3 of the tour companies that made there bread and water from tourist have gone of of business. The company I work for has cut down our pre-Kat tours in half, times and offerings. On top of that, the boat tour that is associated in my company has to leave the city and state just to help us bring in some major $$$ to help keep the comapany afloat. So FUCK you!!

Of course, I couldn't get this in. One, I was trembling like a bomb ready to explode, adn two, it's not like I wouldn've gotten a word in anyway.

"Dad, just leave from here, there's nothing you can do."

Thank god.

I honestly can't remember what she said after that incident, but all I knew was that I had to get rid of them. Enough of this bullshit.

"M'am, like I said, I can't do anything, I'm the middle person here. Here's the number of my manager. She'll be in Monday through Friday and she'll be able to help y'all." Now get the fuck out of here...thankfully, she begrudgingly did.

PRAISAE BE !!!!

That almost ruined my day, but I struggled to not let it get to me. Exploding tourist is a once a year occasion, so I got rid of this year's annual run.

But it brought me to wonder, what the hell is up with people who want to ruina wonderful vacation over a simple little tour? For heaven's sake, WHY??!!

And I swear, if I ever see that amn agian.....

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That guy was a buttwipe.

I'M AN AUNT!