12.22.2006

The Lowdown

1. Just in case you haven't experienced it yourself, tv shows can make you cry. Heck, they can make you sob like a little girl who just found out there is no such thing as Santa. Now, I'm not including Lifetime's movie of the night or repeats of Sophie's Choice, but a benefit play every week tv show. For example, Doctor Who. Tonight, I cried, no, bawled like there was no tomorrow. 'Twas the season finally, character died, tears were shed.

BTW, just because it's a sci-fi show doesn't make it B, heck, a C grade show. Like they say, "don't kknock it till ya tried it" (or something to that nature).

2. I'm losing my non-existing accent. "What," you say? Well, through out my entire life, people have always asked me "where ya from," always wondering what state I hailed from. All my life. In which I've lived in Marrero (outside NOLA), all my life. I've been asked my classmates and drug store clerks and not to long ago, tourists. Everyone of them being positively shocked that I was from here. I figured it had to do with the 1000 words a second coming out of my dainty little mouth. I'm upset because I'm gaining a "westbank" accent, heck, even a country accent (which all is due to the lovely little woman from Northern Louisiana who works with me. MAJOR accent.)

I have a feeling it has a little to do with me having am urge to not fit the stereotypical reactions of being a "westbanker" which I am. Mostly, it deals with the urge to hold onto the anonymity that had been labeled upon me.

(Geography lesson: New Orleans does not follow the typical directions of north, south, east and west. We are a city that was built around a river in which it's influence has us using downtown, uptown, midcity, lakeveiw, eastbank and westbank as unofficial city names. The city of New Orleans is on the Eastbank, with my city being on the Westbank. Got it?)

3. I received an expected check from my former school. Finally, I thought, they're refunding the $25 they owed me. WRONG. It was a check for 600 dollars. Yep kids, ya read that right. $600!!! while our probably wondering what they problem is, why I don't just be happy about it has to do with me having no idea why I'm getting this. I didn't pay for school this year, the government did. So why in the world am I getting money back? I'm freaked out by it and am totally not gonna cash this check till I get the lowdown. Like I wanna pay/give this back in the future. I don't think so!!

4. I was a graphic design job and didn't take it. Money? No, they were offering me the average staring rate (and if ya wanna know what it is, look it up!! I ain'y telling!!) Location? Only a little. It's in the French Quarter, which is great...Though there is that exception of overpriced parking. Co-workers? Couldn't seem like a better gang to work with. What's the big deal? The actual job. It would have been a repetitious gig mainly dealing with clipping paths (kinda tracing than cutting out) and cloning (it's what it sounds like, only think pictures). I can't bear the repetitious thing. It drives me nuts! It was an extremely hard decision to make, but I ended following gut and declining the position.

God, I hope I it was the right choice...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear i'm not the only one who sobbed like a little girl at the end of the Doctor Who season finale.

Unknown said...

It's okay Rob, I had a little sniffle too.