1.24.2007

Week in Reveiw

It's strange, we are just coming to the end of week three in 2007 and it feels more like the end of month three. Slow year?

I'm sure there are a pinch of y'all are wondering how the current graduate is doing. One word can sum it up for y'all: eh. (Though, is that even a "word"?) I've been peeping my head in, here and there, with the beginning of the new year, mainly looking around for where a recent graphic design graduate with interests in the publishing field, could get a job around N'awlins. I decided to take a hiatus from the peeking after I applied for what I consider my dream job [in the New Orleans vicinity].

Gambit Weekly. Yep. You N'awlins folk heard me right. The Gambit. It's a great free publication down here that has great articles and excellent designers. Info for all kinds of going-ons in the city can be found in it. If y'all are familiar with the New York City's Village Voice publication, well, it's sorta like that.

I was called in for what was going to be "round one" in this little game. The first round consisted of me filing out an application and meeting with a quite friendly lady who "ooh-ed" and "ahh-ed" over my portfolio. And that was it. She told me that in about two weeks from that meeting I would here back from them on either my continuation to round two or if they were just happy to see me.

It didn't take no two weeks!

Only two days ago I heard back from them!

Only two days ago I learned that they were just happy to see me!

I really would have preferred to receive a call in for round two, but what's a graphic designer who's in need of a job gonna do? While no ill-bearings were held by me, my poor Satcey was extremely distressed and I only wished I could have been there to comfort here. BIG HUGS GAL!!

I am disappointed. I really really wanted to work there. And most importantly, I didn't want to continue looking for a job! Which, in my opinion, is the worst part about getting a new job: looking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You could move to J-town and try for the Jackson Free Press. Ace wouldn't mind seeing his aunt Agnie more often.

angie. said...

As soon as I get money to re-locate y'all be the first to know! Though, it could happen sooner if I do accept your offer to be second wife. Hmm...

Melinda said...

Hey, don't feel bad. I sent my resume in to the Gambit years ago (after getting my MA from NYU) and got nowhere. Good job just getting the interview.