2.19.2005

Greetings from the Hagging Witch of the South

After you hit that magical age of 21 (which is a magical number in thes United States--or so we are foolish enough to believe that it is--all because we a person becomes "legal"), everybody has that moment in your life when you realize that you are now an adult. Heck, someyimes it will come sooner than that. A can name a few, for example the first time somebody refered to me as a "woman". Who would've known that would have meant so much to a budding young lady--or should I say woman?

Anyway, today definitely hits the list of "you know you're an adult when...". I missed the Spanky's housewarming gala. Sickness=1, FooFoo=0. But if I went, I would of been such a horrible guest just by being there. Imagine it, all their freinds and family enjoying the wonderful food and libations to the musical sound of someone coughing their lungs out! And my chest feels like elephants took turns throughout the night kicking me there (which all I knew is what happened; I mean, I was asleep most of the night thanks to the makers of nitequil).

I soooo wanted to be there. I was in tears this morning calling CK and Biscuit up to let them know they had to find another way to trek that 3 hour journey to The Spanky's. I know CK found a ride through Ringo (thanks a bunch for that; such a sweetie to pick him up which put an extra hour to your jorney; come on everybody, join in "HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY!") I don't know how Biscuit made out, but hopefully she was able to get there too. You know guys, I have about a pound of crab dip in my refridgerator that's probably going to go bad that I made for everyone. Any ideas to what I can do with it?

You see, I wanted badly to go, but instead I chose to do the "right" thing and stick home. Ya'll should of heard my thoughts this morning. "I feel like crap and I realy should stay home but than agian all I'll be doing is eating and drinking inside most of the day and probably HACKIN UP A LUNG from being overexited which is going to make things worst and I'll miss more work and than school when it would be a lot better to stay home and drown myself in over the counter medicines adn REFRAIN FROM TALKING because you were stupid enough to go to work yeaterday where you almost lost your voice..." and so and so on.

I choose health over fun, and even though I do feel .8 better form earlier this morning, I still wish I went.

I hope everyone has fun today adn I better get. Feed a cold is how the saying goes, and I haven't eaten a thing all day. And anyway, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is on SCI-FI, and we all know you shouldn't keep Indy waiting.

Everyone take care and I hope none of ya'll get attacked by teh evil germa that float around our world with plas to take us down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor FooFoo. You know, Your wonderful presence was definately missed by all. Several time, Mrs. Spanky and I were hward comiserating about how bad we felt that FooFoo wasn't here. Glad you're feeling better!

--CK

Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, I am just so sorry to hear that you have been coughing up a lung and bein sick is just not something anyone aspires to be. But I must say, I don't think staying home and not going to the party means you are old because I remember when I had the chicken pox when I was only 4 years old and I didn't go to an Easter party at the library's "Story Hour" which I had so wanted to go to and I didn't even feel that badly, but I still did not go and I was such a young person, so it probably is not only age that kept you home, but it is true that you were being considerate of others and that is a sign of being an adult, i suppose, but I like it when even a small child learns how to be considerate, so that doesn't have to be a sign of aging either.

But I do hope you get well soon and that Raiders of the Lost Arc helped to cheer up your spirits and I agree that eating when you have a cold is not an easy thing to do and I do not belive in the adage of feeding a cold because I believe your body knows partially what to do when it is ill, and if you do not want to eat, just drink, even if your body is not sure it wants to do this. And when you get your appetite back you can eat all that crab dip which I am so impressed that you have because that is quite a treat for a child or an adult. love, orchard