7.29.2005

Foo Foo Film Fest

Being that the unbearable summer heat has approached us in the Big Easy, it is always a wise decision to find any activity that can be enjoyed in the enveloping coolness that air-conditioners bring, very wise.

For me, I have picked up the delightful past time of renting movies and catching up on my filming education.

About two weeks ago I finally got around to renting “Lawrence of Arabia.” It was a beautiful epic, sad finale’.

This past week, I took advantage of my plentiful discounts I have acquired to Blockbuster, and rented “Lost in Translation”, “Reservoir Dogs”, and “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.”

I need suggestions and more ideas on what to rent. For some strange reason, my mind keeps blanking on what I wanted to rent. (I really need to write them down…) So far, my walk-down-the-aisle-till-you-see-something-you-want method has been proving itself to be useful. Though I ask dear readers, what would you suggest?

What movies would you describe as a must see?

What films have you seen that have impressed you?

What movies have you seen simply took your breath away or made you go “wow”?

Any recommendations will be extremely appreciated!

: D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"King Kong" - the original one, not th e remake with Kurt Russell.

"Mad Max" - the first in the Mad Max trilogy ("The Road Warrior" and "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" are the other two)

"Ride With the Devil" - a great story about the War Between the States that isn't just a bunch of extended battles between groups of graycoats and bluecoats.

angie. said...

Thnaks, and keep them coming!

I didn't know Kurt Russel was in a "King Kong" movie. You're talking about the one from the seventies--I think--or is this an earlier one?

Mad Max, saw all of them. Great movies, especially Road Warrior.