8.02.2005

Some Dreams aren't meant to be...

Creativity can be a bitch.

Inspiration sometimes comes from the darnest places, though not unheard of being inspired by a previous work of art...or literature for that matter.

I started re-reading my "Sandman" collection the other week, after failed attempts to introduce my co-worker fell through. C'est la vie...

I can never just pick up one out of the ten volumes of this excellent work of fiction with-out wanting to read another one and another one and etc., etc. (Those who have read "Sandman" could definitely back me up on just how great Neil Gaiman's work was and is!)

Anyhoo, between having Dream on the brain and a whole bunch of new colored charcoal pencils on my table, there was a project just waiting to happen!

I sat at my drafting table with pride filling me. (You see, I had those pencils for quite soem time, like 3 weeks, and I never got to using them! Lazy, lazy Java...) I finally had a reason to draw with them, and draw I did! Okay, technically doodled, but you get the point.

I ended up spending 5 hours that evening entranced by the clors and designs I was putting forth on paper. It came out great! Well, at least to me it did.


Though a probelm arose when I tried to protect my work. Like I said, it was done in charcoal, which meant is was 100%-bonified-smudgable!! So I had to spray it with a made-to-save fixative...and by doing so, it darken up all my beautiful bright colors, as you can see on your left. : (

I wish y'all could have seen it! The blues were electric, the oranges were blazing, and the yellow in his eyes looked like the stars they were supposed to be. Now, they all look, Blah!

Though that was a trial run...with the pencils that is. I'm hoping the next pic looks a shit-load better.

Though in the meantime, if you know about any fixatives that can protect and not darken up one's beautifully bright colors, please share with the class!

No comments: