7.13.2005

NYC: More of Day 2 and 3


Took tons of Empire State building pics because the veiws were so amazing. This was a fave veiw due to the obvious site of Times Square in the midst of the city. I would hate to see their electric bill...




I got on my knees and leaned on my back and took a pretty darn good sanp of the Empire's spire. It came out looking all retro, like it was embellished with neon lights...which it wasn't.




There were these amazing stain glass murals in the Empire's lobby of the 10 or 12 or whatever number of ancient wonders, including this one of the building itself.




See how cool a pic can be when ya invert the colors?




One of my fave spots...Washington Square. It had am absolute New Orleans vibe to it. Don't beleive me? Check out the small nude child playing in the water: bottom left corner, 2nd kid from the left. Can't get any more N'awlins than that!



One of the many inspiring shots I took. There was so much awesome architecture.




This was my only goal: find the enormous billboard of Batman Begins in Times Square! We got there, and it wasn't there. Walked back and forth, looked high and low, and eventually gave up. Came back the next day to check out bargain theatre prices and out of nowhere, my friend Rob screams, "LOOK! There's the Batman ad"! Bull, is what I thought, like they can put a billboard up over night. He swore it was true, so I turned and there it was! Than I watched it dissolve away and watched it disappear! Apparently it shared the Toys'R'Us windows with 3 others ads. The were displayed on 10 minute intervals on theses roll out screens. Go figure! In the meantime, Look how BIG!!




My fave NYC 2005 momnet. While heading to NY's library down a side street, a crowd blocks the avenue creating a lot of racket. "Hey!" "Look Here!' DENZEL!" Yep, Denzel. As in Denzel Washington. He was signing autographs (guy in blu with baseball cap--left center) and making people go nuts. I didn't care too much for the siting, though I was amused at how star struck so many became, and how many camera phones I saw in use, all at once!




THE library. Took lots of photos, this is one of my fave. Not the best veiw of the libaray, but the I love the wonderful atmosphere that was caught that moment.




See what can happen when you try to take an active shot of the subway...damn guy got in the way...


Well, that's it guys and gals! Hope you enjoyed the NYC 2005 presentation.

For prints of teh previous pictures, please post a request with which one. Open schedule tickets to New York City is the only payment accepted.

No comments: