9.23.2005

Be Careful what You Wish For

To quote on e of my past co-workers,"Lord Lord Lord Lord Lord!"

So, you already heard my rant about how I wish I could stay home and how I was going to quit my job, right? Well here's the update...

Yesterday afternoon, my mom was crotched on the floor, between my bed and entertainment center, looking for Nova who was hiding under the bed. This posistion blocked the door. I wanted out. I went to hop over her, than WHAM! A few choice words came out of my mouth while I grabed my toe in misery. That was the end of that...so I thought.

This morning, I was awoken with a slight throbbing pain in my toe. Crap, I thought. I figured it was a sign to wake up and get of bed, so I flung my legs over the saide, stood up, than BLAM! Right on the floor I went.

No, I didn't trip.

No, I didn't slip.

Yes, my toe apparently decided overnight to cause me great pain in the morning, which is exactly what I felt when I stood up. Yay!

I hopped, with tears in my eyes, crying out desperately for help.My toe seemed to have some foreseeing powers in which if I even tried to touch the floor, it would scream out in pain. Damn entertainment center.

To amke a long story short, I have found out that my toe is badly sprained, henceforth I must saty off it, using crutches--I beleive that crutches are an evil created by man to add more pain to you misery.

What this ends up doing is keeping me at home.

What this also ends up doing is keeping me from work.

What this will do is make my employer think I'm using this as an excuse when I say "I quit."

Oh well.

I leave you now so I can start hoping and wishing for myself to win the lottery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh. If I close my eyes and REALLY concentrate, I think I can see what you mean.

I have a killer ad copy site/blog.

It pretty much covers killer ad copy related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

angie. said...

Rita ending up reopening the whole that was in our levee system, releasing the rushing waters into New Orleans east agian. It's an absolutee shame. Everyone was making so much progress...

I hope you're family fared well from Rita.

Thanks for the well wishes (me foot is well better) adn most of all, welcome!

angie. said...

^^^Gawd, I can't type today...

Orchard P Dirk said...

well, i do hope your toe is better and you have been teaching me that whether things really do happen for a reason or not, there is something one can do. love, orchard